Monday, December 3, 2012

Our Rainbow

I'm not exactly sure why I feel so compelled to write this at the current moment, but as you know, I'm not one to exactly "filter" my thoughts, so here I go!

Most of us have heard the expression, "It takes a village to raise a child."  I've never been more convinced of that in my life.  Children may reside with their relatives, but I assure you that their "family" extends far beyond one living room.  So, in that spirit I'm asking you to consider helping to add a new member to "our" family.

A special organization called "Reese's Rainbow" is about to become instrumental in bringing one of our children to us.  She will live with her parents and two sisters, but she'll need our help to get her there. Chris and Jill Reffett already know that this is their daughter.  That was the easy part.  They will be counting on us to help with the leg work.  And, I don't know about you, but I can't imagine anything more wonderful than getting to see a child united with her "meant to be" family.  And I don't just mean the Reffetts. Obviously they will have the awesome experience and responsibility to raise her as the loving and compassionate woman that all of their girls are destined to be.  But WE will get the opportunity to love another baby!!  I don't know if you've noticed, but this community doesn't just pass you on the street with a half-hearted smile and a wave. They lift you up and wrap their arms around you and hold you on your darkest days.  Let's be that for the Reffett family.  Let's make her "our rainbow"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment