Sunday, December 9, 2012

Red Eyes

"Mommy, when will your eyes stop being red?"

"I don't know."

"Why are they red all the time now?"

"Because a piece of my heart is missing."

"That makes you have red eyes?"

"I guess so."

"Will your missing piece grow back?"

"No, your brother took it with him."

"Then how will your heart work?"

"The other three parts of my heart are so strong that they'll keep it working.  Maybe even harder than before."

"Good, because I need you, Mommy.  I need your heart to work again."

"I know, sweet baby."  (And that's why I'll stay.)

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss I woke multiple times last night thinking about it and prayed for your family. Praying for strength in the days that follow for you. He is such a beautiful little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Shannon. I love you Easton. A perfect little boy and my friend, the mother of an angel. Numerous tears, countless prayers, and neverending love for all of you.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. No words can console, Shannon. Just know how much you are loved and that your son did more to change the lives of so many in just a couple of short years than most people do in a lifetime. None of us will be the same because he changed us. Love and prayers for you and your family. Love and prayers. When you are ready, let's take a walk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon~I wish there were words to heal your broken hearts.The one thing we do know is that you will see Easton again someday. I know that is not "enough"; but for now that is all this old heart could think to say to you.
    Love and prayers to all of you~
    Jean and Gary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayer coming your way for you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete